Little Red Schoolhouse
Launched: 11 September 2016. Updated:
The Little Red Schoolhouse (former District 11 Schoolhouse) is a one-room schoolhouse now located on the Common by the Meetinghouse in Jaffrey, New Hampshire. It dates from 1822 and formerly was located on Dublin Road. It is owned by the Town of Jaffrey. It was moved and restored in 1960-61 and is maintained today by the Jaffrey Historical Society. It is open on weekends, 2-4pm, during July and August and at other times by appointment.
A brochure on the Little Red Schoolhouse may be found at http://www.rs41.org/jhs/LRSHbrochure.pdf
A chapter in the Jaffrey Town History is devoted to the Little Red Schoolhouse.
Photographs of the Little Red Schoolhouse may be seen at https://rs41.smugmug.com/Jaffrey/JHS/Little-Red-Schoolhouse/
A Scrapbook that documents the move and restoration of the Little Red Schoolhouse may be seen at https://rs41.smugmug.com/Jaffrey/JHS/Scrapbook-Little-Red/