BUXTON FAMILY ASSOCIATION
There are various images related to the Buxton Family Association on
SmugMug, a photo-sharing application, at https://rs41.smugmug.com/Genealogy/Buxton-Family-Association.
Last Updated: June 22, 2023
By-Laws of the Association Revised August 3, 1991.
By-Laws of the Association Revised August 2011.
By-Laws of the Association Revised August 2011. Re-formatted September 5, 2022. These are the current By-Laws.
Recent Past Buxton Family Association Newsletters (some personal details have been excised out of privacy concerns):2014. 109th. Jaffrey Civic Center, Jaffrey, NH.All Buxton Family Association Reunions (dates & locations)
2015. 110th. American Legion Post 11, Jaffrey, NH.
2016. 111th. Goss Park, Wilton, NH.
2017. 112th. Buttonwood Grove, Middletown Springs, VT.
2018. 113th. Quaker Meetinghouse, Henniker, NH.
2019. 114th. Nashua Historical Society, Nashua, NH.
2020. Newsletter but no reunion because of Covid.
2021. 115th. Buttonwood Grove, Middletown Springs, VT.
2022. 116th. Cathedral of the Pines, Rindge, NH.
2023. 117th. Heritage Hall, Slatersville, RI.
The first meeting of the Buxton Family Association was held at the Douglas Camp Grounds in Douglas, Massachusetts, on August 5, 1905. About 36 Buxton descendants attended.
Mary Buxton Church Educational Fund
[Volume I] Buxton. A booklet on Buxtons issued by the Buxton Family Association in 1960. 32pp.
Volume II. The Buxton Family. Descendants of Anthony Buxton and Elizabeth of Salem Village, Massachusetts Bay Colony, New England, 1637. Compiled and edited by Beatrice F. Buxton, 1983-1985, based on genealogical records of John O. Buxton (Vol. I) plus contributed materials form the Buxton Historians and other Buxtons, as well as the Editor's research, to date. Printed for the Buxton Family Association of America. 110pp. No date (ca. 1985). With one-page Errata prepared by Beatrice F. Buxton, Madison, Wisconsin.
• The Smithfield Buxtons
• Captain James Buxton
• Buxton Cemeteries in North Smithfield, RI
• Robert Bigelow Stephenson pedigree
• Heritage Hall. A possible venue for a future BFA reunion.
• Buffum Family Association. There is a long relationship between the Buffums and the Buxtons. On occasion the two family associations have held joint reunions.
• Friends Meetinghouse and Cemetery in Uxbridge, MA
• The first BFA scrapbook covering the years 1910-1959.
• The second BFA scrapbook covering the years 1982-1987 plus many loose items of various dates.